CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Communications and Events Coordinator
Post Date: 09/02/19 Company: Literacy Volunteers of Collier County
Literacy Volunteers of Collier County is a Naples based organization serving adults and families who need to improve their literacy skills in order to improve their lives.
The Communications and Events Coordinator (CEC) reports to the Executive Director, the CEC assumes primary responsibility for all
media including social media and events for all literacy programs undertaken by LVCC. This includes all tutoring programs, student training programs, general information, development via media and events.
1. Agree content and structure of all media and training aids. Included are press releases, all constant contact communications, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other media platforms.
2. Be responsible for coordination of events in harmony with the Executive Director and Program Directors.
3. Maintain communication regularly with all staff, tutors and tutor mentors.
4. Monitor program development to take advantage of media opportunities.
5. Work with Program Committee and Office Manager, responsible for
coordinating and preparing information/materials for tutor training
workshops. Attend tutor training workshops as needed;
6. Draft a quarterly e newsletter to distribution to all members.
Work with the Executive Director to develop the goal for social media and establish a monthly program of transmitted information. Specific types of tasks to accomplish this will include:
1. Find opportunities for and present talks in the community to attract tutors and volunteers to the organization;
2. Write appropriate press releases/news articles and submit them to the local newspapers to market and advertise success stories about the organization.
Events/Special Projects/Fundraising Responsibilities
1. Contribute to developing “Mission Moments” for special functions;
2. Prepare and organize all LVCC events with committee members, solicit auction items and market the events.
3. Develop a plan for solicitation of support via Constant Contact and other media methods. Ensure names/e mails and details of all donors are recorded in CC and DB
4. Assist Office Manager with coordinating the annual tutor/student picnic.
BA degree or higher preferred
Non Profit experience desired
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to