CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Donor Relations Manager
Post Date: 09/16/19 Company: Golden PAWS Assistance Dogs
Golden PAWS Assistance Dogs is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes independence for combat wounded veterans and children with life-changing disabilities through partnerships with skilled assistance dogs.
We provide education and community outreach while supporting our mission through therapy and ambassador dog programs. We are a respected and sustainable organization that creates meaningful impacts for service dog recipients while making lasting contributions in support of our community. Our extraordinary golden retrievers are the common denominator in all of our work!
Position Summary – Golden PAWS (goldenpaws.org) is seeking an exceptional, experienced and ethical professional for the position of Donor Relations Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Donor Relations Manager will have the responsibility for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects for the organization’s upcoming capital, endowment and operational campaigns.
The Donor Relations Manager is one of two similar positions within the Development Team who work cooperatively with the PAWS Fundraising Committee, Board of Directors and staff while:
• Assist in the development and management of both the annual and capital campaigns
Responsible for on-going donor and prospect research, maintaining and updating contact information on file and in database
• Supporting fundraising and cultivation events
• Issuing quarterly reports to track progress against monetary goals and the fundraising plan
• Assist in the development and management of an Annual Donor Society
Experience and Skills - Applicants for this position will have a strong grasp of donor relations and fundraising operations. The position requires demonstrated organizational, analytical, writing and editing skills; as well as the ability to work collaboratively with the entire Golden PAWS team. The ideal candidate will have at least three – five years of experience with demonstrated skills and a successful track record. A Bachelor’s Degree and a CFRE is preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs and donor management software (Network For Good) including best use practices for data management and generating reports
• Impeccable communications, interpersonal skills and writing skills
• Self-directed and motivated; ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Passion for non-profit work and comfortable in a team environment
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task projects
• Availability outside of typical office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5PM) for events and fundraisers
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to use a personal vehicle for occasional work related events and meetings (mileage reimbursement provided)
Application & Other Information - The Donor Relations Manager is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits. The potential candidate must be able to pass a background check. Golden PAWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
Applications will be accepted via email to Jeannie Bates, Chief Executive & Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org through October 30, 2019. No phone calls please; include your resume, a cover letter, three references and salary history.