CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 09/20/19 Company: Naples Botanical Garden
This position is an integral part of the Development and Marketing Team. This is a full-time Coordinator position with an emphasis on planning and execution of internal and external events. This position is responsible for event booking, planning, execution, donor relations, and file keeping related to all steps involved in the creation and execution of an event. This position serves as a liaison between the event owner (internal or external) and all internal services including Catering and Operations.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of internal and external event logistics and execution
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure event objectives are met
- Main point of contact for all Garden-related food and beverage orders (Internal and External)
- Adhere to budgets and timescales approved by Development Events Manager
- Create and maintain event orders related to internal and external Garden events
- Create and maintain Visio mapping documents; provide event set-ups to appropriate parties
- Participate in weekly operations/café meeting (Event Order Meeting)
- Update events document folder with related materials (Floor plans, Contracts, Finance invoices, Event orders etc.)
- Lead event walkthroughs as directed by Development Events Manager
- Serve as an on-site contact for private events being held at the Garden
- Assist Development Event Manager with Garden fundraising events (Hats in the Garden, April Foolin’ Gala)
- Minimum education of a two or four year degree in event/hospitality-related studies, general degree with coursework in event-related field or certification by a related non-profit association.
- Minimum of 2 years event/non-profit experience.
- Good computer skills including MS Office. Proficiency assessment is required. Visio training available.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- May stand for long periods of time.
- Walk and inspect property.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Drive vehicle and golf cart.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
A pre-employment background check required:
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and contact information by email to email@example.com. To find out more about Naples Botanical Garden, please visit our website at www.naplesgarden.org.