CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 10/14/19 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse, Inc.
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented individual to serve as Marketing Coordinator.
Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced fifteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.6m, an 20 member Board, 35 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more than 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately 30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples. While the campaign is ongoing, the building project has just finished the schematic design phase.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
A critical member of the marketing and development team, reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the execution of new initiatives aligned with the theatre’s goals. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, design, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The marketing coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Support department initiatives, including handling logistics for marketing campaigns, show promotion efforts, events and strategic partnerships;
- Develop copy and implement marketing campaigns via social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (i.e. posts, sponsored ads, event pages);
- Manage oversight of the company website, including regular updates, content creation and analytics tracking;
- Collaborate with graphic designer to support the coordination, design, and production for all print and digital collateral;
- Assist with on-going marketing and advertising campaigns and plans, while ensuring that every initiative is aimed at increasing brand awareness;
- Assist with creation and implementation of marketing communications efforts, including eblasts, newsletters and blog posts;
- Collaborate with the Development team to produce marketing communications materials;
- Work with outside agency to support public relations, marketing and advertising efforts, including participate in weekly calls and contribute ideas and recommendations to optimize marketing strategies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Products
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising or public relations setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications
- Graphic design experience, preferred
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Marketing Coordinator will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.