CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Program Manager, Community Engagement
Post Date: 11/06/19 Company: Best Buddies Southwest Florida
Position Overview: The PM, Community Engagement is responsible for engaging, training, and supporting volunteers in Best Buddies school and community programs. This includes training for advisers; developing and leading ongoing awareness activities with all chapter members and communities; communicating Best Buddies deadlines and expectations using online platforms; hosting Leadership Training Days for regional volunteers; developing and leading Ambassador Training for all participants with IDD; and ensuring full participation from chapter advisers and student leaders in the Annual Leadership Conference. The PM, Community Engagement is also responsible for encouraging and monitoring participation in state events, like the Friendship Walk, and tracking the fundraising efforts of all volunteers.
Job Qualifications – Qualified applicants must have:
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with IDD, including youth and adults.
- Have experience managing and motivating volunteers.
- Must be adaptable and able to quickly and effectively develop and balance multiple relationships, and get results from a variety of people.
- Have basic project and time management skills.
- Exhibit strong written communication skills.
- Exhibit strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have a clear understanding of multiple communication platforms and proficient use of social media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and all Best Buddies online tracking platforms.
- Ability to motivate, evaluate, and build volunteer engagement in events and training.
- Experience developing and facilitating training to multiple age groups, experience, and skill sets.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to
accomplish job responsibilities.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or minimum four years’ relevant experience.
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance.
- Develop and facilitate leadership training specific to the volunteer roles; focus on volunteer engagement; ensure mission advancement
and participation in all Best Buddies initiatives.
- Assist in the development and oversight of regional volunteer committees who will help drive the mission forward for schools, citizens and jobs programs.
- In partnership with the PM, Volunteers, assist in managing local school chapters through in person meetings, attending chapter events, and providing additional support where needed.
- Evaluate and track chapter engagement in Best Buddies training.
- Develop and lead training on topics such as communication, delegation, conflict resolution, and IDD awareness; provide certification for volunteers when necessary.
- Confirm participation from all chapters in the Global Volunteer Training, Local Leadership Training Day, parent information nights, and facilitate citizen on-boarding for new members and citizen chapters.
- Develop and lead community training to promote awareness of and engagement in Best Buddies mission, including but not limited to
corporate partner training, ambassadors, and e-Buddies training.
- Message expectations for participation in all state events and programmatic initiatives.
- Ensure participation from all chapters in the Annual Best Buddies Leadership Conference; manage volunteers’ attendance, registration, and travel. Communicate BBLC information and host parent information nights.
- Inspire participation from all volunteers in the state Friendship Walk; organize Walk kick-offs, Walk teams, and drive fundraising efforts of chapters and community members, in partnership with staff event lead.
- Assist with the identification and development of fundraising opportunities and partnerships to support regional events and/or programmatic support and expansion.
- Assist with planning and execution of regional events and partnerships as directed by the Area Director.
- Collaborate with state staff to develop necessary communication tools and identify new schools and corporations to start chapters.
- Use of Microsoft Outlook, social media, and BBO to appropriately communicate with participants and the community.
Apply online via this link: