CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Chief Financial Officer
Post Date: 12/23/19 Company: Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida
The Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to reducing infant deaths and premature births as well as promoting health and developmental outcomes for young children. We have been providing services in Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee counties since 1992.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is accountable for the financial operations of Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida. The CFO will manage all financial functions for complex and multiple funding sources, including government, contracts and a structure with diverse program areas and an annual operating budget of $3-4 million. The CFO will be responsible for all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities of the organization, in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of the Board. The position is located in Fort Myers, Fl.
A working position, including maintaining the books while partnering with the Executive Director and Leadership Team on matters relating to strategy, policies, operations, risk management, annual work planning, systems strengthening, performance management and scorecard reporting. The CFO will participate in the development of Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida’s strategic, operational, and financial plans and programs. S/he will evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning and the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions. Ensure compliance with contracts, setting and monitoring internal controls, point of contact for annual fiscal and compliance audit and assist in establishing yearly objectives.
Oversee Contract reporting, Accounting, Purchasing and Human Resources.
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 12-15 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in bookkeeping, followed by audit experience, gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. S/he will ideally have experience managing a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources, including government (federal and state) contracts and an affiliate structure with diverse program areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- BA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Financial Officer with demonstrated leadership in operating plan, process compilation, reporting and analysis, internal and external financial reporting, internal control framework, and contract negotiations, review and approval.
- Significant experience in nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
. Knowledge of Sage Accounting Software and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Office of Management and Budget Circular A133 audits preferred
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Understanding and value for key performance indicators.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
Employee is subject to standing, stooping, walking, lifting, and carrying objects throughout daily job performance. Must be able to lift and carry twenty (20) pounds. Some travel may be required with normal exposure to traffic hazards. Regular and reliable attendance required.
Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b) retirement plan, PTO and more.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Sheila@healthystartswfl.com