CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Director of the Canterbury Fund
Post Date: 01/29/20 Company: The Canterbury School of Fort Myers
The Canterbury School of Fort Myers School, an independent co-ed day school, Pre-K through 12, seeks an enthusiastic professional with experience in fundraising to be our next Director of the Canterbury Fund. In this position, you will be in charge of our Annual Fund (“the Canterbury Fund”), play a major role in fundraising events, and also work with the Associate Head of School for Advancement and Strategic Initiatives and board of trustees to shape Canterbury’s future through increasing leadership donors, capital campaigns and endowment growth.
This job is for you if you:
- Understand what makes fundraising in a school setting unique and deeply worthwhile.
- Know the alignment of vision and mission are essential to a school’s successful fundraising, and such fundraising makes a real difference in the lives of amazing kids, in an inclusive, engaged, anything’s possible community that is rare in today’s world.
- Are simultaneously bold and practical, ambitious and in-the-trenches, adaptable and adaptive.
- Think across boundaries. You know fundraising isn’t merely about dollars and cents, but also grand vision and soaring aspiration.
- You’re an innovator with a can-do attitude, ready to do whatever it takes to realize some pretty big dreams.
- You love to collaborate, and you’re eager to work with dedicated colleagues to secure the future of a school that is at once rare, inspired, and important.
- Understand what a small shop means; you can work independently, and you’re able to pitch in as needed...however needed.
- Can build authentic relationships. You have the emotional intelligence to help donors see how their time and support will impact children — today, tomorrow, and for the rest of their lives.
- Can work with spreadsheets, analyze numbers, and do prospect research. You know that an accurate database is a friend you can’t live without.
- Find small details as engaging as big-picture strategy and analysis. Your experience has taught you that you need to do both well to be successful.
- Want to be part of a dynamic community that not only teaches character, collaboration and kindness, but actually model these traits daily for the next generation.
Specific responsibilities of the job include:
- Create, execute, and manage annual giving strategies, communications, and solicitations and grow our current annual fund participation and dollars.
- Helping develop strategies for leadership giving and solicitation efforts that promote the long-term viability and growth of the school
- Organize, produce, and maintain materials and data relating to annual fund and other fundraising campaigns.
- Create and execute special events appropriate to overall annual giving strategies.
- With the school leadership, design and maintain the stewardship and cultivation of all donors and volunteers.
The Canterbury School of Fort Myers is guided daily by the beliefs that love, good will and trust lead to joy, excellence and connection. Candidates who are committed to these aspirational ideals and desire to be part of such a community are especially encouraged to apply.
This sound like you? If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Katie Jones at email@example.com. The Canterbury School of Fort Myers is dedicated to academic excellence, within a caring and supportive community emphasizing character, leadership and service.