CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 01/30/20 Company: Florida Lions Eye Clinic
The Florida Lions Eye Clinic
The Florida Lions Eye Clinic, in Bonita Springs, is a not-for profit organization that provides low income and uninsured clients access to free eye care and assistance with prescription glasses. The Clinic serves over 2,000 patients and performs nearly 100 surgeries each year. Generally, patients reside in Lee and Collier counties in Florida.
Position Description for the Executive Director
Responsible for general oversight for the Florida Lions Eye Clinic to include clinical operations, fundraising, and general administration. With the staff, oversee the medical aspects of the Clinic; initiate planning, organizing, and directing all fundraising and donor development activities; and maintain the financial and general administration of the Clinic. Medical expertise is not a requirement; mission-focused leadership is.
- Provide overall Clinic leadership to insure effective and efficient clinical functions for all stakeholders
- In collaboration with the medical staff, ensure quality patient interactions, recordkeeping, and referral processes
- Develop and implement sustainable fundraising and donor development strategies, support systems, processes and programs
- Coordinate all special events designed to friend raise and fundraise
- Cultivate new grant opportunities to increase the Clinic’s revenue base
- Implement a marketing strategy to enhance the Clinic’s visibility in the community
- Handle all financial, technology, and general administration issues for the Clinic
- Represent the Clinic in a professional and ethical manner with all stakeholders
- Oversees clinical processes for patients, doctors, volunteers, and staff
- Recruits/trains Clinic volunteers to include doctors, other professionals, and support people
- Oversees patient, doctor, and volunteer’s schedules to maximize the Clinic’s capacity
- Collaborates with the Fundraising Committee to create, develop, and implement the Clinic’s fundraising and donor development strategies
- Identifies potential development opportunities at the local, state, and national levels and creates strategies to capitalize on these opportunities
- Communicates with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis—recognize and engage them
- Develops, promotes, and implements a Planned Giving Program
- Manages fundraising events
- Engages in outreach efforts to maximize networking and build external relationships
- Ensures marketing resources are optimally applied to impact fundraising goals
- Oversees production of marketing materials to include print, video, social media, website, etc.
- Proactively solicits and manages grants to augment the Clinic’s strategic needs
- Maintains donor records and related data systems
- Insures bookkeeping and financial transactions are maintained in accordance with best practices
- Manages the Clinic’s administrative operation to include technology, security, etc.
- Complies with all legal licensure, copyright, and release requirements; ensures all Clinic safety guidelines, rules, and regulations are followed; and files state reports
- Works collaboratively with the Board and facilitates designated Clinic committees
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct in all transactions and Clinic relationships
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational expertise, and problem solving
- Has expertise in fundraising and friend raising guided by principles of accountability and good stewardship
- Can align the Clinic’s mission and strategic plan to a comprehensive marketing/outreach effort
- Possesses high energy and passion for work; a team player, effectively interacting with all Clinic stakeholders
- Able to execute on multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented work environment
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people, and demonstrates self-confidence and good listening
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
This position reports to the Florida Lions Eye Clinic Board Chairperson, representing the members of the Board.
Five-years’ experience in administration, fundraising, donor development, and/or marketing and branding.
Spanish speaking and CFRE credential are valued.
Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience; Marketing, Public Relations, and/or Communication major preferred
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter briefly addressing your experiences and qualifications for this position; send materials via email to Noreen Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, applicants should contact the Board Treasurer, Noreen Thomas, by telephone at (239) 405-7687, or send an email to the above address.