CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Major Gifts Officer
Post Date: 02/06/20 Company: St. Matthew's House
POSITION: Major Gifts Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Donor Advising
DATE WRITTEN/REVISED: Revised January 23, 2020
The Major Gifts Officer will focus all professional time on developing, implementing, and handling the management of Major Gifts for St. Matthew’s House. This position will also work directly with the Director of Donor Advising and VP of Development to manage all major and capital campaign processes. St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP TASKS
- Create and manage a plan of overall stewardship of current major donors, including strategies to grow the relationships going forward.
- Create strategies to engage major donors in line with the Stewardship model for St. Matthew’s House.
- For each managed prospect, follow established procedures for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts.
- Develop innovative recognition opportunities for continuity and donor stewardship. Direct the publicity of major gifts and coordinate special donor cultivation events.
- Prepare and propose major gift proposals. Track progress of proposal; strategize follow-up and intermediate moves between submission and decision.
- Reports to the Director of Donor Advising and works directly with the campaign staff and volunteers regarding all campaign specific activities, including but not limited to: development of the case for support, resourcing and managing recruited volunteers, identifying and developing sequencing of prospects, ensuring development of all needed materials, including research and briefing papers, major gift prospectus and driving overall Capital Campaign activity.
- Keep senior campaign staff and volunteers informed of the status of key prospect strategies and performance of direct reports, including goal achievement status.
- Work closely with communications, events and annual funds team to incorporate major gifts into development and marketing plans.
- Work closely with leadership to provide strategic information and guidance to assist in developing goals and objectives essential to St. Matthew’s House;
- Develop strategies for solicitations, utilizing organizational leadership appropriate to the level of solicitation.
- Innate Sense of Relationship Building through Donor Cultivation Processes
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals.
- Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills; proven presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex institution.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
Self-Reliance Heart for the Ministry
Honesty God honoring
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: Capital/ major gift campaign experience preferred. Establishing and executing priorities and achieving stated goals is necessary for this role. Extensive experience working with volunteers and fundraising boards along with working with high net worth individuals. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
Travel Demands: Flexibility in work hours; this position requires some evening work and travel.
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information.
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Physical Demand: Relatively little physical effort is required, however, must be able to
Move about the facility and possess the manual dexterity required to operate the computer and other business equipment.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment