CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 02/07/20 Company: Literacy Volunteers of Collier County
The Director of Development is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. The organization looks to the Development Director to assess opportunities and create and implement a fundraising plan that includes donations, grants, and events. This is a “hands-on” fundraising position that gives the selected applicant an opportunity to take the organization to the next level. Literacy Volunteers of Collier County (LVCC) was founded in Naples in 1984 and has the primary purpose of teaching English language skills to new residents. We are in a growth mode that now includes serving children and families, instituting a new workplace literacy program, and developing other programs. The successful candidate must be a hands-on performer, willing to roll up sleeves and work hard to secure the resources to carry out this critical mission of literacy. We are looking for energy, new ideas, and a willingness to work hard. This is a real opportunity to be quickly recognized for early successes.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Manage giving campaigns and broaden the base of donors.
- Identify and nurture relationships to enhance opportunities for donor support.
- Develop strategies to build donations through annual and planned giving programs.
- Coordinate and assist in producing fundraising events.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities from foundations and corporate donors.
- Select and apply for appropriate grants.
- Investigate and present new ideas for increasing awareness and donation opportunities.
- Supervise the Marketing Coordinator.
- Passion for the mission of LVCC and commitment to providing the resources necessary to make literacy a real possibility for every Naples resident.
- A collaborative team player, good administrator, and highly skilled user of technology.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3 – 5 years of experience in fundraising
- Proficient user of donor software
- History of successful fundraising in giving campaigns, special events, and grant writing
- Prior knowledge of the unique fundraising landscape of Naples would be viewed as a plus
Salary is competitive and position has unlimited opportunities for growth.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org