CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Donor Relations Coordinator
Post Date: 02/18/20 Company: The Naples Children & Education Foundation
The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF) was established in 2000 with the vision of making a profound and sustaining difference in the lives of children in Collier County, Florida. The founders created the annual Naples Winter Wine Festival in order to meet NCEF’s mission to support programs that improve the physical, emotional, and educational lives of underprivileged and at-risk children. Since inception, the Festival has raised over $191 million, which through annual grants and collaborative strategic initiatives, have impacted over forty non-profit agencies and the lives of 275,000 children.
NCEF is seeking a highly-skilled Donor Relations Coordinator to drive the organization’s external partnerships and attract donors in support of NCEF’s critical mission.
This opportunity is ideal for a mid-level professional with excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively to find solutions to a range of donor inquiries, and a passion for improving the lives of at-risk children and families.
Our new Donor Relations Coordinator will work directly with the CEO, Chief Development Officer (CDO), and management team to promote NCEF by sharing impact, cultivating donors, and liaising with NCEF Trustees, corporate sponsors, and other external partners. This individual will support NCEF fundraising efforts by collaboratively designing, implementing, evaluating, and refining all programs aimed at targeting current and prospective donors.
- Development: Work with NCEF leadership to plan, develop, and implement fundraising projects and programs designed to increase foundation visibility and enhance giving through annual giving campaigns, gift-in-kind programs, and special events, including the Capital Campaign.
- External Communications: Research, write, and oversee the preparation of compelling and accurate solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, and other development-related communication materials as needed.
- Database Management: Make effective use of the organization’s prospect management database and other institutional resources to ensure the effective management of donors, prospects, and volunteers.
- Trustee Relations: Support NCEF leadership to ensure the NCEF Trustee base is both robust and consistently engaged in NCEF activities and events. Support the CEO with trustee follow-up and action items as needed.
- Stewardship Management: Implement and continuously improve NCEF’s donor stewardship process, inclusive of sponsors, Trustees, community donors, and other grant-making organizations.
- Capacity-Building: Support NCEF staff by consistently providing current program knowledge on NCEF’s philanthropic impact and organizational efforts.
- Prospect Research: Conduct research to identify potential donors and create strategies to match their interests to NCEF’s funding priorities.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Strong time-management skills, including the capacity to multi-task and assume and prioritize new or expanded assignments quickly and graciously within NCEF’s shifting priorities and conditions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including developing and executing effective presentations for groups of all sizes.
- Basic technological design skills, including ability to format written communications and create/edit promotional videos.
- Evidence of experience in database and records management.
- Ability to problem-solve, including developing strategic and creative high-impact solutions.
- Ability to think critically, including the assessment and analysis of both qualitative or quantitative data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethics of development activities, including the use discretion in all interactions and the maintenance of confidential information.
- Commitment to NCEF’s mission.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience preferred.
Compensation is $50,000 to 65,000 a year, commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is provided, including 100% employee-covered health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance, and a 401k plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Naples Children & Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by relevant national and state law.