CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Jr. Major Gifts Officer
Post Date: 03/16/20 Company: The Conservancy of Southwest Florida
Job Title: Jr. Major Gifts Officer
Reports To: Director of Constituent Affairs
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the Director of Constituent Relations’ guidance and support, works for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts. Position responsibilities include:
• Major Gifts ($1,000) for restricted, operating and endowment funds.
• Leadership Circle development, growth and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works in the cultivation of donors for major, capital, and endowment gifts. Assumes and achieve fundraising revenue and prospect outreach goals as set forth in annual budget.
• Develops a portfolio of 150-250 prospects including initiating contact with new prospects and existing donors and, where appropriate, soliciting gifts directly or with peer solicitors.
• Assists with the donor recognition and stewardship programs for the Conservancy.
• Working with senior staff and volunteers, plans, coordinates, and implements ambassador events and activities for major donors and prospects, including site visits, tours, hikes, meetings, neighborhood updates, etc.
• Conducts prospect research pertaining to the background and interests of donors in order to increase their loyalty to our mission.
• Coordinates with Development staff to maintain accurate information in Raisers Edge and in hard copy files.
• Maintains AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) and PPP (Partnership for Philanthropic Planning) code of ethics and confidentiality of all donor records and information.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Three or more years of experience in nonprofit development/volunteer work.
• Experience cultivating and stewarding relationships with major donors and prospects
• Ability to work independently and without supervision
• Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Conservancy staff in order to maximize fund raising capabilities
• Ability to rapidly develop positive working relationships with staff, board members, and volunteer solicitors and instill a sense of confidence
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Interpersonal and team building skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Preferred experience and knowledge of moves management systems, prospect research, identification, and rating systems.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, as well as having individual initiative and creativity.
• Preferred experience designing and overseeing private cultivation and stewardship activities.
• Possess the ability to handle more than one project at a time and the professional manner to react appropriately in different job situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with individuals of diverse interest and backgrounds.
• Social skills with the ability to interact with various individuals in all social situations.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed - not a complete list of duties - additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; plus three years related experience as a fundraising professional and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS A ND ABILITIES:
• Willingness to work outside usual 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. hours to conduct programs in the evenings or weekends occasionally.
To apply online, go to: https://conservancy.topdoghrrecruiting.com/job/181544/jr-major-gifts-officer?s=cw