CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 03/17/20 Company: Guadalupe Center
Due to recent growth Guadalupe Center is adding to its Philanthropy Program.
The Philanthropy Officer will work closely with the Director of Philanthropy to successfully execute the annual plan resulting in needed annual operating support for the organization. In addition, the Philanthropy Officer will assist in execution of special campaigns as needed. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging donors, sharing the Guadalupe Center mission and vision, and soliciting support. Previous fundraising experience is not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully raise $1M+ in funds annually for the Guadalupe Center via individuals, foundations, corporations and grantors.
- Participate in creation and execution of annual development plan for organization.
- Manage portfolio of prospective and current major donors, grantors, corporate partners
- Identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward annual gifts of $5,000+
- Participate in Major Gift & Grant Stewardship & Reporting processes
- Participate in creation and execution of Major Donor communications strategy
- Participate in planning and execution of key major donor events
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals
- Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while effectively being part of a team
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software a plus
- Ability to respond creatively and diplomatically to conflicting priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Clearance through local, state and federal background checks
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Indoor office environment
- This position requires some evening and weekend work hours and regional travel.
- Exposure to outdoor environment during special events
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties
- Minimal lifting may be required not to exceed 25 pounds
- May be required to transport oneself and/or supplies off-site to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.