CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Post Date: 03/17/20 Company: Guadalupe Center
Due to recent growth Guadalupe Center is adding to its Philanthropy Program.
The Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Annual Giving to schedule speaking engagements, tours and in-kind donations in an effort to educate and involve new volunteers, communities and donors in Guadalupe Center’s mission. The Coordinator will develop and implement a community outreach and engagement plan including: defining engagement goals, identifying key audiences, recruiting volunteers to expand the reach of our communication and education efforts, and evaluating the impact of engagement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying key community segments for outreach
- Develop & implement community fundraising efforts in targeted communities in conjunction with local steering committees
- Present to local communities, organizations and businesses
- Coordinate, conduct and participate in group tours
- Assist with stewardship efforts such as donor thank you calls and/or note cards
- Assist with the donor management database such as entering collected constituent contact information, actions and other pertinent information
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities
- Nurture new and existing relationships with collaborative partners
- Assist with special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree and/or 3-5 years of experience within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred but not required
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint required.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Excellent written, presentation, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Project management experience and the ability to collaborate and bring a large group of people to a unified point of view
- Effective time-management, analytical and creative skills
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software a plus
- Ability to respond creatively and diplomatically to conflicting priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse and strong development team
- Clearance through local, state and federal background checks
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Indoor office environment
- This position requires some evening and weekend work hours and regional travel.
- Exposure to outdoor environment during special events
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties
- Minimal lifting may be required not to exceed 25 pounds
- May be required to transport oneself and/or supplies off-site to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions