CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Director of Development
Post Date: 05/01/20 Company: Cape Coral Community Foundation
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
ABOUT THE JOB
The Cape Coral Community Foundation’s mission is to serve as a community leader to improve the quality of life by building permanent endowments, promoting effective grantmaking, fostering philanthropy, stimulating community dialogue, and helping donors achieve their charitable goals. Building upon our 47 years history of serving our community through philanthropic leadership, we are poised for organizational growth and increased impact to provide a greater platform for civic engagement, facilitate collective leadership, and encourage/support effective philanthropy in Lee County, Florida.
The Community Foundation is seeking a highly skilled, dynamic, mission-driven, motivated, and community-oriented Director of Development. The Director of Development will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and execution of a development strategy to attract individual gifts, private foundation gifts, and deferred gifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle – initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors, develop appropriate cultivation strategies, move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward fund creation, and maintain stewardship contact with donors.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, volunteer leadership, and professional advisors (attorneys, wealth advisors, accountants, and trust officers) to cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors.
- Oversee process of establishing new funds by assisting donors in selecting charitable giving products that complement and enhance donors’ charitable goals.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate donor cultivation and stewardship events such as small gatherings, luncheons, cocktail events, and educational opportunities to build partnerships with donors.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate professional advisor educational outreach events to continually update and guide professional advisors in the charitable and planned giving arena.
- Participate regularly in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of the Community Foundation. Activities include speaking to groups, participating in civic engagement, and overall immersion in the community by networking to foster the culture of philanthropy.
Assist in Management of the Community Foundation
- Attend board meetings, work closely with the development committee chairperson to plan and prepare timely material for committee meetings and reports for the board.
- Meet regularly with executive director to plan, execute, and evaluate strategic and ongoing operational support for the Community Foundation.
- Supervise any fundraising interns and provide timely feedback.
- High level of proficiency in major gifts, estate planning, planned giving vehicles, and project fundraising. Also demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities, relationships, and partnerships for new/increased revenue generation; must be able to work collaboratively throughout the organization to successfully bring those opportunities to fruition.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal presentations, as well as the ability to interact with high-capacity donors, board of directors, and community influencers.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and capacity to see both the big picture and the detailed steps needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant major required with seven to ten years minimum professional leadership experience in the field of fundraising. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Cover letters and resumes will be received through June 30, 2020.