CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 06/09/20 Company: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida, Inc.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time (Exempt)
The Development Director assists the Executive Director, Staff and Board of Directors in all activities of fostering awareness, financial, in-kind, and volunteer support for Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Southwest Florida. The position is closely involved with all special events, assisting committees, and ensuring continuity in communications. The position is also responsible for assuring effective community relations, providing information to volunteers and the community about various RMHC SWFL projects and support opportunities.
The primary function is to create and implement a comprehensive, integrated development and communications plan to meet both short and long-term revenue requirements. Responsible for promoting awareness of the mission of RMHC SWFL for purposes of enhancing financial support, including planned giving and endowment through the donor base, grant prospects and in-kind support. Engage in media and public relations, and marketing activities. Prepare and implement annual development plan and budget. Responsible for achieving goals relating to fundraising and diversification of fundraising sources included in the Board of Director’s Strategic Plan.
• Fundraising/Donor Development
• Set direction, timelines and scope for annual fundraising, marketing and communications activities;
• Achieve fundraising goals as set in the annual fundraising plan/operating budget;
• Major donor prospect research, stewardship and documentation maintained in the “Exceed” donor database;
• Secure corporate gifts and sponsorships, optimize and manage online and planned giving, and develop plans for individual giving throughout the year;
• Develop and maintain positive relations with donors and the general public through personal contact and written correspondence;
• Prepare contact reports following cultivation/solicitation calls and maintain appropriate logs of such activity;
• Write and/or review grant applications;
• Research and propose new fundraising opportunities for the charity, including endowments and planned giving;
• Serve as a spokesperson for RMHC SWFL as directed by the Executive Director;
• Ensure that the acknowledgement protocols and benefits for donors and sponsorships are maintained at all levels, and that individual donor inquiries are processed immediately upon receipt;
• Provide the Board of Directors with opportunities and direction to fulfill their fundraising responsibilities;
• Develop and oversee RMHC donor appreciation opportunities.
• Other Duties as Assigned:
• Maintain a professional appearance;
• Continuing Education/Personal Development opportunities as appropriate;
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years similar experience and/or Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant skill set to be successful in this position.
• Demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
• Demonstrated experience in developing fundraising campaigns and evaluating results
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with computer database, word processing and publishing programs.
• Must be organized, able to accept direction, and possess excellent leadership skills.
Send resume and cover letter by June 30, 2020 to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.