CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 06/29/20 Company: Naples Zoo
This position requires a friendly, outgoing, and patient disposition at all times. The Development Associate is responsible for ensuring donor gifts are processed and recognized in a timely fashion. He or she plays a major role in donor and member stewardship and ensures certain aspects of the development program run smoothly. Must be comfortable with technology. Candidate must be able to work independently and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily gift processing and reporting
- Maintains donor files
- Assist with Event Sponsor and Exhibit Sponsor stewardship
- Must be comfortable working and maintaining donor databases
- Assists with sponsor packet preparation
- Prepares correspondence letters, including donor acknowledgment letters
- RSVP point person for development department events
- Provides support for all development related committee, including room scheduling, material preparation, RSVPS
- Monitors and maintains office supplies
- Works special events as needed.
- Manages event auction and registration preparation
- Maintains donor database, including pledge reminders, donor birthdays, and renewals
- Must comfortable with technology. We are a small shop and lean heavily on technology to accomplish all we need to. Prior proficiency is not required, but must be able to learn and feel comfortable with the multiple technology platforms. Key software includes Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office suite and Stamps.com.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Provides administrative support for the Development and Membership Department.
- Works closely with support personnel for the Executive office. Position will often interact with finance, marketing, event and education departments.
Position reports to Director of Development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong cash-handling skills.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must adhere to the highest levels of donor privacy and ethics
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
AA/AS required. BA/BS degree preferred.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, requests or complaints from members, guests and/or staff in a kind and courteous manner.
- Must be able to communicate with members, guests and staff clearly and effectively.
- Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Needs to be able to think logically and solve problems with little or no guidance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- First aid/CPR is a plus.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to walk distances, balance, stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions for this position are normal for an indoor and outdoor environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org