CLICK HERE to post a new job.<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 06/29/20 Company: Hermitage Artist Retreat
Deputy Director Job Description
Reporting directly to the Artistic Director/CEO, the Deputy Director is responsible for implementing and optimizing systems and tools to enable the Hermitage Artist Retreat team to work effectively and efficiently in support of the organization’s mission. The Deputy Director works in collaboration with artistic, community, and civic institutions, managing and overseeing the Hermitage’s institutional partnerships. This role includes overseeing the Hermitage’s database systems and infrastructure for the organization; financial administration and reporting; human resource practices (including benefits administration); facilities oversight; building and ground projects; compliance and safety; and, serving as a right hand to the CEO.
- Oversees the smooth and effective daily operations of the organization and the offices.
- Implements and reviews operational policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and supports institutional partnerships with artistic and community partners in the region.
- Ensures facility, safety and insurance policies and procedures are current, up to date, and fully implemented.
- Manages all technology platforms and equipment for the organization, including email, software, databases, connectivity, procurement of equipment, assignment of office resources, etc.
- Oversees all facilities management, maintenance, building, landscaping, and grounds projects.
- Oversees financial aspects of the organization, managing the bookkeeping vendor relationship, tracking finances, creating financial reports.
- Coordinates committee meetings and work to ensure productive advancement of the Board’s goals.
- Will support programs and donor event coordination, along with the entire team.
- Oversees special projects and collaborations.
- Manages and oversees the Hermitage Alumni Council.
- Helps to coordinate the relationship with external marketing and public relations contract support.
- Represent the director and the organization when the CEO is unable to be in two places at once; “divide and conquer.”
- Assists in the onboarding process for new board members and staff and oversees human resources, benefits, and payroll administration.
- Passion for the Hermitage Artist Retreat’s mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong editing and writing skills are essential.
- Multiple years of demonstrated leadership experience in more than one operational area of a non-profit or similar organization – systems and technology, finance, data processing, donor management and tracking, human resource policies and processes, and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as leader and team player, at ease with a wide range of constituents.
- Entrepreneurial, with high level of personal initiative, integrity, and positive energy.
- Sense of humor and “can do” attitude.
- Proficient with management software, including database, communication, donor, and event management programs.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, particularly in support of artist programs and donor events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite, and Quickbooks applications.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot technology and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, and a demonstrated history of progressively successful non-profit financial and operations experience.
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
Submit Applications to: jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org