AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 01/26/21 Company: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast
The Community Director is primarily responsible for managing and developing the financial plan, the volunteer and program resources to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Maintains, secures and grows financial, volunteer and program support for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast through sources to include individual, corporate, community and institutional partnerships.
- Serves as the main agency liaison with the Community Board Chair, Board members and Committee members to lead efforts with maintaining and growing financial support from individuals and organizations, oversee campaigns and fundraising events, recruiting volunteers, program resource needs and recruit future Board members.
- Manages and coordinates the logistics, contracts and budgets for the special events in assigned region(s).
- Leads county subset events for fundraising purposes throughout the fiscal year beyond the annual major activities to secure more financial support for the organization.
- Attends Community Board and Committee meetings, community events and other activities to promote the support for initiatives and programs.
- Collects and reports on metrics established for position, program or initiatives as required.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments such as Communications and Marketing, County Program leadership, Special Events, Database and Program teams to ensure standard protocols are completed and resources are allocated properly to maximize results.
- Follows donor and development protocols, including utilization of data collection software to record action items, contacts and historical information, and generating standard and ad hoc reports from said information.
- Completes required periodic reports to various entities inside and outside the agency and Community Board.
- Develops detailed program analysis including scope, resource needs, budgetary commitments and expected gain/losses.
- Works with local media sources to promote the agency, events and activities by writing and distributing press releases, flyers and brochures.
- Strategizes and implements the social media campaigns in conjunction of other departments to best utilize and grow the organization’s online presence.
- Develops key presentations for various audiences to achieve the goals and targets of the agency.
- Promotes the agency’s objectives as a lead agency representative in the community to foster branding and name recognition of the agency to become the agency of choice for support.
- Maintains the ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise that are within the capacity of the position.
- Responds to communications from other departments or personnel in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties reasonable and relevant to the position and needs of the agency, including working hours outside the standard daily work schedule, which may include evenings, early mornings and or weekends.
Position is expected to travel 10-25% of the time in Collier and Lee Counties as needed.
Ideal candidate will possess proven experience in fundraising and event planning to foster growth of agency objectives.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, project management or a related field is preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com