AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Marketing & Communications Director
Post Date: 01/28/21 Company: Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
Job Summary: As the Director of Marketing and Communications you will be responsible for creating innovative marketing strategies that will build our brand, leading to increased awareness, fundraising revenue, and relevance as well as ensuring that Harry Chapin Food Bank is an authoritative voice for food insecurity. This includes the design and execution of external communications, media relations, publications and collateral materials to enhance community awareness of the food bank’s programs and accomplishments.
You will be an integral part of the Development Department which includes communications and development. As a member of the Development Department team, you should have the skills, knowledge and experience to successfully develop, implement and direct the food bank’s communication and marketing strategies. You can expect to frequently engage with the Board of Directors, leadership team and program staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute high level marketing and brand strategy in line with Harry Chapin Food Bank’s strategic vision.
• Build the brand to drive awareness and understanding so that Harry Chapin Food Bank is seen as an authoritative voice for food insecurity.
• Develop and execute comprehensive communications plan with strong bias to action.
• Partner closely with the Development Department to create a solid plan to reach major and small gift donors that reflects segmentation, targeting and value proposition development.
• Develop a marketing plan (including Harry Chapin Food Bank’s events) that reaches target segments quickly and effectively through public relationship outreach and dynamic collateral materials.
• Execute the communications plan with efficiency and flexibility – measuring results and adjusting the plan to reach aggressive goals quickly.
• In partnership with the Digital Fundraising Manager, establish a best in class web presence that drives donations and volunteer support and supports aggressive fundraising and awareness growth goals.
• In partnership with the Digital Fundraising Manager, develop and execute the digital aspects of the communications plan with a bias towards action and revenue.
• Continue to develop and strengthen Harry Chapin Food Bank’s unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among target audiences.
• Ensure that the brand is strong and consistent in every marketing tactic, and that Harry Chapin Food Bank’s story is communicated with drama, creativity and impact.
• Lead the creation/production of inspiring design, content and campaigns that builds the brand and drives donations and volunteerism.
• Oversee the bidding and production process for print materials.
• Build, expand and leverage the Marketing and Communications Work Group to effectively achieve communications, public relations and marketing plans.
• Rally Harry Chapin Food Bank team around the brand; ensure brand standards are maintained across all channels.
• Build awareness so that Harry Chapin Food Bank is seen as the leading hunger relief organization in Southwest Florida. Build and leverage connections to ensure that influencers know and love Harry Chapin Food Bank’s work.
• Write highly motivating, passionate and engaging stories for use in annual report, newsletters and all collateral materials.
• In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, develop and execute innovative stakeholder communications strategies to educate and inform current donors and volunteers about activities and accomplishments.
• In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, design a donor communication plan that motivates supporters to move up the giving ladder, increasing their levels of support over time.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Works collaboratively with all food bank departments to ensure accurate and consistent materials.
• Enhance visibility and relations with public, industry, donor and volunteers.
• Responds to press inquiries promptly and professionally, acting as the spokesperson where needed. Responsible for maintaining an accurate and current media list with contact information.
• Adhere to Harry Chapin Food Bank expectations and values:
o Be active by moving quickly, getting things done and holding self and others accountable for results.
o Be constructive by providing solutions, displaying optimism, being respectful and fair.
o Be truthful by providing facts to support opinions, speaking up and not exaggerating.
o Humanize Hunger by putting a human face on it.
o Communicating in a professional, honest and open manner.
o Take time to have fun along the way.
o Believe in our mission and impact.
• Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida
• Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
• Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of the Harry Chapin Food Bank.
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Ability to handle high volume of work in short periods.
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving Harry Chapin Food Bank mission.
• Valid Florida Driver’s License
Specific to Position
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field, plus 3-5 years of related experience (not including internships).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing programs, InDesign, and an understanding of social media platforms.
• Experience building brand awareness and support internally.
• Thorough knowledge of marketing principles along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
• Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve organization’s objectives.
• Advanced experience working with a variety of traditional and modern marketing and communications functions including: branding and messaging to different target audiences.
• An understanding of all aspects of print material production; development and implementation of social media plans; and working with the press and other related media outlets.
• Excellent written and oral interpersonal communications skills.
• Well-organized and deadline-driven
• Responsible, punctual, professional
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner
To apply, please send your resume to Anna Suarez, Director of Human Resources & Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.