AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 02/10/21 Company: Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc. (CROW)
Manage all aspects of resource development for the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc., for the purpose of developing individual giving (major & annual gifts), corporate sponsorships, special event fundraising, grants and other funding sources as outlined in the strategic plan in cooperation with the Board of Directors, development staff and Executive Director. The Development Director has the responsibility to develop annual and long-range plans to reach revenue goals within budgeted expenses. The Development Director will be assigned existing, or charged with creating new, special events and working with the Executive Director on fundraising, logistical and execution responsibilities. Additionally, an overall new dollar fundraising goal will be agreed upon for each year, based on the organization’s budget projections.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
• Professional designations a plus: CFRE
• 5+ years of experience in individual giving, corporate sponsorships and special events
• Demonstrated administrative and leadership ability
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteer committees
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Budgeting, planning and supervision skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: organizational, public speaking, interpersonal, computer, writing, research, and training
• Familiarity with computer systems is necessary, with preference given to experience with Donor Perfect and MS Office Suite.
• Develop, implement and manage special events and projects in key markets
• Build and manage committees for special events and projects
• Secure and support sponsors for special events
• Secures auction items for special events
Corporate & Foundation Giving
• Identify prospects, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorship and giving in identified target markets
• Prepare proposals for corporations to secure sponsorship support
• Implement a systematic process to cultivate and increase gifts from corporations
• Develop personalized plans for top corporate donors with giving capacity for significant new gifts
• Research and write grant proposals
• Develop prospect lists for annual and major gifts
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit annual and major gifts
• Engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
• Provide ongoing leadership and support to the Development and Marketing Committee to identify future leaders and encourage professional growth.
• Ensure the organization has leadership and staff skills, tools, resources and training to be successful.
• Develop, monitor and manage departmental expense budgets in adherence with approved budget.
• Coordinate, design and market fundraising campaigns as well as handle logistics and delegate tasks to appropriate staff for successful outcomes.
• Coordinate timely dissemination of promotional and outreach materials to potential donors
• Promote and represent professional image of agency during work hours, as well as outside of work hours.
• Maintain contact and giving records in the donor database
• Oversee appropriate donor gift follow-up, including acknowledgment, receipts, and fulfillment of donor requests
• Develop annual budget and strategic fundraising plan for all revenue streams
• Prepare regular and/or special reports as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• Meet or exceed agreed-upon fundraising goal for each year
• Submit monthly activity/special reports as requested
• The responsibilities of this position will include weekends and evenings when necessary and local travel assignments
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Status : Full-time exempt position
Salary : Based on experience
Interested applicants should send a letter of introduction, resume and salary information to Development@CROWClinic.org