AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Senior Philanthropy Officer
Post Date: 02/10/21 Company: Humane Society Naples
Humane Society Naples
Senior Philanthropy Officer
About Humane Society Naples
Humane Society Naples is one of the country’s premier animal welfare organizations, with more than 110,000 animals saved in its 60-year history. As a no-kill shelter, we pride ourselves on providing shelter to animals in times of need, locating life-long homes, and promoting responsible pet ownership.
In addition to sheltering and adoption operations, HSN offers a full-service, gold-standard veterinary clinic to the public as well as no- and reduced-cost services in veterinary medicine, behavioral training, and food assistance. We operate a mobile veterinary clinic and are committed to the idea that everyone should have the opportunity for animal companionship regardless of socio-economic status.
As an independent nonprofit, we are supported solely by private donations, and we never place a time limit on how long dogs, cats, and other pets stay at our shelter.
Humane Society Naples is searching for a seasoned Senior Philanthropy Officer to grow significant individual contributions to fund our life-saving work for companion animals in Collier County and beyond. The position would be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors with the capacity to give more than $10,000 annually or make one-time gifts greater than $100,000.
Reporting to the Director of Community Affairs and working closely with the Executive Director and other senior leadership, the Senior Philanthropy Officer will personally manage a high-value portfolio of donors with the capacity to give at the 5-, 6- and 7-figure levels and work directly with board members and leadership donors. A successful candidate will have an undeniable passion for animal welfare and a track record of developing and executing strategies to solicit and close six-figure gifts.
The ideal Senior Philanthropy Officer is a highly motivated fundraising leader with impeccable verbal and written communication skills. This person is creative and entrepreneurial, organized and engaging, with good humor and the ability to collaborate well with their teammates.
● Manage a portfolio of 125-150 major gift prospects, including stewardship of current major donors.
● Implement a comprehensive donor development plan for assigned constituents.
● Identify prospective donors, identifying areas of interest and preparing proposals to secure funding.
● Review prospect research (including private foundation 990 tax returns) and develop prospecting strategies, matching prospects to funding
● Cultivate, solicit, and steward assigned constituents.
● Document constituent activities in donor CMS.
● Manage upper levels of giving society in consultation with the Annual Fund Manager.
● Identify donors with potential to upgrade annual giving.
● Work with the Outreach Manager to secure major event sponsorships and table sales.
● In conjunction with the Director of Community Affairs and Executive Director, identify and manage one-time capital and programmatic giving
● Develop a robust planned giving program, including the development of materials and campaigns dedicated to planned giving.
● Identify potential planned giving prospects and prepare individualized materials for those prospects.
Qualifications & Experience
● Five years of fundraising experience, with a minimum of two years of front-line fundraising experience.
● Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of education, 10 years of fundraising experience.
● Demonstrated experience closing six-figure gifts.
● Experience with planned giving.
● Experience with fundraising CMS.
● Ability to work some nights and weekends, as needed.
● CFRE or other fundraising certification preferred.
● Passion for companion animals necessary. Knowledge of the greater animal welfare community preferred.
● Knowledge of Naples fundraising environment is helpful but not required.
Compensation for the Senior Philanthropy Officer includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a package of employee benefits.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a statement of interest to Jonathan McIntosh, Partner with ThinkingAhead Executive Search: email@example.com.
Humane Society Napes is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity among its employees and its hiring practices. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
ThinkingAhead Executive Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a work environment that supports, inspires and respects all individuals. Personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic ancestry, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic. This applies to every aspect of employment including hiring, training, advancement and termination. The firm is committed to creating a just culture of diversity, equity and inclusion by practicing, within the company and the marketplace we serve, intentional strategies that serve marginalized individuals and groups.
Partner, ThinkingAhead Executive Search