AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 02/12/21 Company: Library Foundation for Sarasota County
The Library Foundation for Sarasota County is seeking to immediately fill an administrative coordinator position, 20 hours per week.
The Library Foundation for Sarasota County was established in the belief that great communities deserve great libraries. Founded in 2011, the Foundation is a non-profit organization that raises private donations to supplement tax support to keep our libraries strong, innovative and accessible to all. We work closely with the Sarasota County Library System, the county’s Library Advisory Board and with the various Friends’ organizations at each library branch. We focus on ways to enhance the library system for everyone in Sarasota.
The mission of the Library Foundation for Sarasota County is to secure the future of our libraries as an indispensable community resource. Our goals are to:
- Raise public awareness of the importance of our libraries
- Generate private sector financial support to complement public tax funding
- Be a proponent for issues that promote the viability of our library system
Learn more about us on our website at www.sarasotalibraryfoundation.org.
Location of position: Currently remote, until post-Covid. Our office location is 1970 Main Street, Floor 5, in downtown Sarasota.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Three references
Submit Applications to: LibraryFoundationSearch@gmail.com
Application deadlines: Position will remain open until filled.
The Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director to perform administrative duties for the organization, from preparing materials for board meetings to managing donor databases. This position is key to creating a professional, well-run organization that responds promptly to the needs of volunteers, donors, and the Executive Director, while being a important team player on a small staff. This position requires someone very comfortable with office technology and learning new skills who can multi-task and provide excellent customer service in a positive, enthusiastic manner.
This position offers a flexible, part-time schedule.
- Update, manage and use multi-capabilities of a donor database (currently eTapestry) to support donor development, solicitation and stewardship.
- Responsible for administrative functions related to mail, donor communications, donor data, filing, and records retention.
- Prepare donor database reports as requested by Executive Director.
- Coordinate direct mail appeals, including downloading donor lists from the database and working with the mail house.
- With the guidance of the Executive Director, manage the donor system transition from the current database and event management programs to a new system (TBD), including data migration, record cleaning, and ongoing data management/processes.
- Prepare and send packet for board meetings using Adobe Acrobat. Take minutes at monthly Board meetings.
- File working documents electronically in SharePoint (or other cloud storage).
- Prepare materials for committee meetings when requested, including setting up Zoom meetings, committee rosters, handouts and previous meeting minutes.
- Be able to post materials on the Foundation’s SquareSpace website (training provided).
- Support all events through organizing the logistics, including invitations; speaker travel; tracking attendance; coordinate necessary technology & equipment; check in and check out processes, both virtual and “live”; etc.
- Answer and direct Library Foundation telephone calls and emails; provide fast and courteous service to callers. Act as a positive and gracious presence to donors, library guests, board members etc.
- Help coordinate and send communications via Mailchimp.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Board members as requested.
- Attend board and committee meetings as requested.
- Passion for libraries
- Excellent technical skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working with databases or other donor software
- Interest in and ability to quickly learn new technologies, like SquareSpace and Mailchimp
- Courteous and respectful of Board members, donors, government officials and other staff
- Flexibilty – to multi-task, to step in to represent the foundation as needed
- Organized self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Minimum Associate’s degree or commensurate experience; BA or BS preferred
- 3 - 5 years of administrative employment
- Demonstrated excellence in the management and administration of donor-related management systems and software, including database, communication, donor, and event management programs, or similar system integrations with data.
- Previous non-profit or library experience a plus.
The Library Foundation for Sarasota County is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, donors, supporters, guests, and members of our community.