AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Director of Development
Post Date: 02/26/21 Company: De LaSalle Academy of Fort Myers
JOB DESCRIPTION - Director of Development – De LaSalle Academy
The Director of Development will perform the functions of the development department by leading all revenue generating fundraising and development activities for the organization. The Director of Development will cultivate and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors and serve as a liaison with the Board of Directors, administration and staff throughout the organization. Duties may include, but are not limited to: investigating and pursuing corporate and private foundation giving opportunities, maintaining relationships with current individual donors and cultivating new individual donors, managing and increasing individual giving, grant writing, creating development plan, developing and coordinating fundraising events, writing and distributing quarterly newsletters, and managing marketing and public relations. The Director of Development reports to the School Principal and subsequently to the Board of Directors. In addition, the position requires participation on the school Finance Committee and Development Committee. The selected individual will have an immediate impact on the organization’s fundraising and development activities, messaging, and media relations (traditional and social). This position is highly flexible in terms of hours and scheduling.
Supervisor: School Principal
In collaboration with the Principal and Board of Directors, the Director of Development will:
- Develop and implement the overall fundraising plan for the school.
- Research corporate and private and foundations and make initial contact.
- Develop the program for individual giving and maintain contact with donors.
- Draft grant proposals and other materials in support of solicitation efforts.
- Author and distribute fundraising newsletters.
- Oversee maintenance of database of all donors, prospects, volunteers, and grant funders.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondences.
- Prepare monthly reports of all fundraising activities.
- Create content, write and edit external communications for social media, solicitation letters, and other pieces as needed.
- Develop strong relationships with external constituents in the education, philanthropic, pediatric medical and therapeutic sector; examine ways to engage members more broadly in fundraising strategies and outreach; and assess its current status and future direction.
- Work closely with school leaders to create promotional materials designed to enhance fundraising efforts, build relationships with donors, generate visibility for the program, and ensure partnership.
- Perform administrative and other duties as assigned that may not be within the scope of this position.
*Maintain an alumni database and include alumni and their families in school communication.
*Maintain sections of the school website germane to public relations, marketing and development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Five to eight years of relevant fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Proven experience designing strategy for major gifts, and soliciting and cultivating high value individuals, corporations, and foundations for giving.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundraising and gift development, including campaigns, annual giving, major gifts fundraising, planned giving, fundraising information systems and technology, prospect research, stewardship, and related activities.
- A record of success in organizing and implementing fund development goals and strategies, analyzing and identifying problems, and formulating creative solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 per year