AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 03/10/21 Company: The Wonder Gardens
I. Job Summary
Joining the Wonder Gardens (TWG) team provides the opportunity to advocate for one of Southwest Florida’s favorite attractions. This position reports to the President & C.E.O to create and implement fundraising initiatives. Responsibilities include fundraising, grant-writing, corporate and private sponsorships, gifts, membership program coordination, and the tracking and projection of these areas in detailed spreadsheets and reports. The Development Manager is responsible for demonstrating integrity, self-accountability, and self-development.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation of materials for use in cultivating and soliciting gifts and donations.
- Ensure that all fundraising and development activities are consistent with the mission, vision and of TWG.
- Maintain the donor management software.
- Manage the membership program and relevant databases.
- Manage grant writing and solicitation to include matching grants to need, grant writing, data measurement and reporting as well as foundation correspondence.
- Solicit event sponsorships and gifts under $5,000. Connect larger donors with he President & C.E.O.
- Maintain fundraising spreadsheets and folders (including sponsorships, grants; and other support) in both tracking and projections.
- Process donation requests (comps and passes) as needed.
- Represent TWG with government, civic, community and philanthropic organizations as requested.
- Aid with marketing and events needs as required.
- Assist the President & C.E.O. with interactions with donors and members to secure resources and commitments for fundraising functions including introductions, correspondence, thank you letters, membership mailings, appeals, etc.
- Provide information in a timely and accurate manner, including prompt follow-up communications.
- Maintain a basic familiarity with TWG’s animal collection and develop an understanding of the importance the collection plays in the fulfillment of TWG’s mission.
- Possess a general knowledge and be able to identify the location of key exhibits and displays in order to address inquiries.
- Work as a team member in overseeing the planning and production fundraising events as requested.
- Manage the distribution of advertising material, sending out invitations, solicit event sponsorships and handle post-event correspondences.
- Direct local and federal inspection agencies to the correct area operation upon arrival to TWG.
- Possess knowledge of safety and emergency procedures and policies at TWG.
- Be aware of the use and location of personal protective and emergency equipment.
Volunteers and Student Interns
- Recognize and treat volunteers and interns as with respect.
- Commit to providing them with a beneficial and positive learning experience.
The Public/Customer Service
- Always remain acutely aware of the presence of needs of guests of TWG.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous, and helpful attitude towards visitors.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of development/ fundraising experience required with a proven success record
- Minimum 2 years of management experience required
- Proficient use in Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Raiser's Edge and graphics experience a plus
- Able to manage multiple projects, handle interruptions and shifting priorities, maintain focus on tasks, and pay meticulous attention to detail
- General knowledge of fundraising, customer service, and office procedures; experience working in corporate or foundation relations a plus
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate effectively with donors, corporate partners, colleagues, and the general public
- Able to work independently and as a team member, and assume new responsibilities as determined
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Wonder Gardens
- Able to lift up to 30+lbs
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
- Have consistent and reliable transportation to and from TWG
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any company
- Must be available days, evenings and weekends. Significant evening and weekend hours are required to accommodate programs and events
- Must be able to think creatively and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills free from errors.
- Ability to work independently, at times with minimal supervision, as well as on a team, as necessary