AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Capital Campaign Coordinator
Post Date: 03/12/21 Company: Gulfshore Playhouse
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS CAPITAL CAMPAIGN COORDINATOR
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, FL is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and organized individual to serve as Capital Campaign Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide administrative and project management assistance to properly execute the duties and tasks related to the history-making Next Stage Capital Campaign.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $60M capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and education space. The goal for groundbreaking is late 2021.
Reporting directly to the organization’s Chief Advancement Officer the position’s duties include but aren’t limited to:
• Document pipeline and task assignments, track prospects and maintain timelines;
• Research and identify corporate, foundation and individual prospects;
• Schedule meetings, prepare talking points, assemble presentations and full meeting prep for Board members, campaign volunteers and staff;
• Acknowledge all campaign gifts and pledges and prepare pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
• Write campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, email updates and meeting follow up;
• Maintain master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track;
• Organize and monitor volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assisting in all aspects of volunteer-led events;
• Lead the planning efforts of all Capital Campaign events in conjunction with the organization’s Annual Giving and Events Manager;
• Prepare agendas and materials for Campaign Committee Meetings;
• Document and distribute meeting minutes and tasks and assignments;
• Communicate with key committee and board members;
• Follow up to ensure completion of Committee and Board action items;
• Follow up with pledge commitments and past due pledges;
• Prepare and update dashboards to show progress of campaign;
• Work with Development team to ensure that gifts are acknowledged with appropriate recognition and appreciation.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college;
• Minimum of two years’ experience in administrative support for a non-profit organization;
• One year or more experience using a development database, preferably Raiser’s Edge;
• Familiarity with online research tools, preferably i-Wave;
• Ability to function independently and in collaboration with staff, Board and Campaign volunteers;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to be self-directed;
• Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
The ideal candidate is a strong, team-spirited self-starter who is excited to join a tireless, rapidly-growing, and attitude-forward regional theatre. Candidates should be friendly, excellent with patrons, staff, and visiting actors alike, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Employee will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at performances, special events, and meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
Position offers competitive salary and benefits. Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Please direct resumes to Kimberly Dye, Chief Advancement Officer, email@example.com.