AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Director of Development
Post Date: 03/30/21 Company: Opera Naples, Inc
Position: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Description: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all
of Opera Naples’ fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving,
special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and
the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective
communications with them.
• Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major
• Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Coordinate fundraising special events.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Opera Naples
with the community.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequests.
• Attend Staff and Board Development Committee meetings.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gifts
• Possess skills to work with/motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
• “Self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
• Organized; demonstrates “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising