AFP JOB POSTINGS
<-- return to job postings
Post Date: 03/31/21 Company: Hermitage Artist Retreat
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is a multi-disciplinary artist retreat uniquely serving artists, the creative process, and the community. Located on a nine-acre beachside campus in Manasota Key at the southern tip of Sarasota County, Florida, we provide celebrated diverse and accomplished artists with multi-week residencies to create new works of art, theater, music, literature, and more. Our Hermitage Fellows have described their experiences as “life-changing” and “transformative,” regularly noting that they accomplish more in two weeks at the Hermitage than they otherwise might do in two years. The award-winning original works created at the Hermitage are presented in renowned concert halls, theaters, museums, and galleries throughout our region and across the globe. In addition to the unique and invaluable experience we provide to artists, we take pride in our complementary missions of historic preservation, ecological restoration, and community outreach and engagement.
Artistic Director and CEO: Andy Sandberg
The Programs Manager reports directly to the Artistic Director/CEO in support of the overall mission of the Hermitage. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth and successful implementation and execution of year-round artist programs, which can be upwards of 50-60 community programs per year, including live events, virtual experiences, and hybrids. Programs may include concerts, readings, open studios, visual art displays, performance art, lectures, workshops, school visits, or other formats – on the Hermitage campus and at partner organizations throughout our region. This position also manages and coordinates multiple collaborations with other arts, cultural, and educational institutions. In addition, the Programs Manager oversees the Hermitage’s core artist residency program and is responsible for ensuring a positive and enriching experience for all visiting artists (70-80 per year), including special programs such as the family residencies, Florida teaching artists program, and more. Finally, this individual will be responsible for managing the details of ongoing initiatives and commissions, including the annual Hermitage Greenfield Prize and other national programs.
• Manage the logistics of all Hermitage programs, collaborations and institutional partnerships, and any related communications surrounding the same, i.e., to “line-produce” the organization’s year-round artist programming.
• Coordinate and manage the smooth and successful operations of the Hermitage Greenfield Prize and commission, and similar projects in development.
• Prepare and communicate details for public-facing materials and communications surrounding programs, plus the coordination of the various parties involved, as well as the review and proofing of all marketing and press materials.
• Manage the artist-in-residence program (with support from a residency coordinator), resulting in 70-80 diverse artists in residence per year. This includes overseeing the scheduling of residencies; applicable travel, housing, and meals; and being present and available for their needs while in residence.
• Support the idea generation of programming (led by the Artistic Director in collaboration with the artists in residence and partner organizations) to bring the concepts “to life” through developing detail-oriented plans for each program.
• Establish and oversee ongoing relations with Hermitage artist alumni/ae, as well as maintaining the artist database.
• Manage the operations of all program needs, including communications to the public, invitation lists, RSVP management, venue set-ups, check-in process, etc.
• Attend and participate in Hermitage programs, special events, and other ‘all hands on deck’ activities.
• Participate as needed in special projects at the direction of the Artistic Director/CEO.
• A passion for the Hermitage’s mission and the organization’s commitment to supporting artists, the creative process, and the community.
• Organizational and project-planning skills are paramount, as is the management and coordination of multiple institutional partnerships.
• Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading skills are essential.
• Experience and knowledge surrounding the successful implementation of both live and virtual programs.
• The ability to plan for both short-term programs and long-term initiatives.
• The ability to represent the interests of the Hermitage and the voice of its Artistic Director/CEO accurately to artists, partners and collaborators, and other constituents.
• The ability to synthesize information, and report concisely and clearly to the CEO and other members of the team.
• The ability to take accurate notes, summarize and retain key information, and seamlessly translate into future communications.
• Knowledge of promotion, social media, branding, and all associated materials.
• A sense of ambition, initiative, and resourcefulness.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player, at ease with a wide range of constituents and backgrounds.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with diplomacy and discretion.
• Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of artist programs and donor events on campus and throughout our region.
• Proficiency with management software, including database, communication, and event management programs.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite applications, Zoom and other relevant applications.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent, or higher.
• Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, artists, guests, and members of our community.
Location of position: The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key (Sarasota County, Florida)
Please note: this is a full-time position, and non-local candidates would be expected to relocate.
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Three references
Submit Applications to: Jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interested candidates are asked to submit their materials promptly.