Post Date: 05/21/18 Company: Marco Island YMCA
Position Title: Grants Coordinator
Department: Community Development
Employment Classification: Part/Time Hourly Reports To: CEO
Date: May 7, 2018 Approved:
GENERAL FUNCTION: GRANTS
Grants coordinator provides leadership in financial development through foundation, civic, corporate and government grants. Responsible for managing grant proposal process for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Also, responsible for entering appropriate data into the fundraising database. Must work as part of the YMCA team to ensure that its mission is fulfilled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to all types of sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs and comply with all grant reporting as required by donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including working with CEO to provide regular written updates to donors.
- Understand of institutional history and programs.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting. Track all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports monthly to CEO.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Develop, oversee and assist managers with budgets for departments receiving grants.
- Develop appropriate grant policies and procedures for the association.
- Develop communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support for grant driven programs.
- Provide timely and accurate gift receipts to grant donors in accordance with IRS standards.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Outstanding grammar, writing and research skills
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- American Grant Writers’ Association (AFWA) or Grant Professionals Association (CPA) preferred.
Please submit resume to Mara Madera, firstname.lastname@example.org.